Monday, December 24, 2007

My treat to the family






This was one of those wonderful days, when i decided on expeimenting on my family the culinary skills that i had learned at college. It had my family go wow! looking at the techniques that i had learned. I had preheated the oven to 400 degrees F and then bought it down to 350 degrees F. I had my mirepoix cut into equal sizes. The chicken was cleaned with a tissue paper to avoid any moisture and then i used salt and pepper to season the exterior and also the interior of the chicken. Salt is good for giving the chicken its golden brown color in the oven. I gave it about 40 minutes in the oven as it is a lot simpler to calculate the time in the oven by giving 20 minutes for every pound of chicken. The residue on the pan was deglazed with red wine and it was added to the sauce. It was a wonder experience. I am planning on doing beef stew which i will be blogging on soon.

No comments: